The Initiative for the Conduct of a Referendum on the Issue of Adopting Laws, the Appointment of Referendum and Its Conduct
1. The right to initiate a referendum on the issue of adopting laws belongs to the National Assembly or the Government.
2. After approving the draft law according to the Law of Republic of Armenia “National Assembly Rules of Procedure” the National Assembly sends the draft to the President of the republic for submitting it to referendum.
3. The President of the Republic may remand the Draft Law, approved by the National Assembly, within 21 days following their submittal back to the National Assembly, with his/her objections and suggestions, requesting a reexamination.
4. The President of the Republic shall submit to a referendum within the period prescribed by the National Assembly a draft law when it is reintroduced by at least two thirds of the total number of Deputies of the National Assembly.
5. Within two days after receiving the draft law introduced by the Government, the President of the Republic introduces the draft to the National Assembly for getting the approval of the National Assembly to submit it to referendum.
6. The National Assembly makes a decision according to the procedure defined by the Law of Republic of Armenia “National Assembly Rules of Procedure” on approval to submit the draft submitted by the President to referendum.
7. The President of the Republic calls a referendum within 21 days after submitting the draft introduced by the National Assembly with the exception of the case defined in point 4 of this article, and within 7 days after receiving the approval of the National Assembly on the draft introduced by the Government
8. The referendum shall be conducted not earlier than 45 and not later than 60 days after the official publication of the President's decree on conducting referendum.
9. The draft submitted to referendum shall be published in the "Official gazette of Republic of Armenia" for public information, through the mass media founded by state bodies not later than 30 days prior to the referendum day.